Reviews

'As always, it was sheer pleasure to observe Robin Hill's remarkable fluent technique: everything looks easy when he plays it.' Colin Cooper- Classical Guitar Magazine ----- 'Wonderful for their (Hill & Wiltschinsky) precision, touch and clarity of sound... refined virtuosity, the achievement of a long interpretive process.' Il Giornale D'Italia (Rome) ----- 'I loved your CD and thought your technique and performance were fabulous...' Rick Wakeman

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Freedom in Fort Lauderdale

At last I can speak to Robin.
The concert yesterday went very well, and the audience were highly enthusiastic, with many standing to applaud at the end.
He did manage to acquire some nail damage during a lively performance of 'Malaguena', but didn't need to carry out any 'on stage' repairs which was a relief.
The cruise director was very pleased and said, 'Fantastic as always', so I think he should be happy.

Robin has now arrived in Fort Lauderdale, and took great delight in telling me he was sunning himself on a lounger, and it was only 9am.
Particularly annoying for me as I had just returned from a very wet walk in the park with the dogs.

He has also had the chance to frequent the fabulous, two storey library on board, and is now enjoying, 'The Secret Agent' by Joseph Conrad.

So, for now, he can relax for a while as his next concert isn't for a week.
I knew I should have done more practice.....

No comments: