Reviews

'As always, it was sheer pleasure to observe Robin Hill's remarkable fluent technique: everything looks easy when he plays it.' Colin Cooper- Classical Guitar Magazine ----- 'Wonderful for their (Hill & Wiltschinsky) precision, touch and clarity of sound... refined virtuosity, the achievement of a long interpretive process.' Il Giornale D'Italia (Rome) ----- 'I loved your CD and thought your technique and performance were fabulous...' Rick Wakeman

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Robin Hill, The Halle and The Liverpool Philharmonic

Last night Robin was booked to play at a private function. That is not unusual, but, the day before he found out that it was for musicians.
As you can imagine this made him rather anxious as went on his way.
I spent the evening planning my de-briefing session for his return, and unusually, he didn't call me in the interval, so I didn't know whether to take that as a good sign or not.
Finally I heard from him.
Not only were they musicians, but they were in fact all classical musicians from a variety of orchestras, The Halle and Liverpool Philharmonic to name just two.
I held my breath as I waited to hear how it had gone.
Playing to room of very discerning customers could have been a nightmare.
It wasn't though.
They all thoroughly enjoyed it and at various points in the evening came over to express their enthusiasm.
Robin enjoyed it too, as he got to talk to a room full of like minded people, some of which he knew, and some that he recognised from various performances he has made.
So the de-briefing was off and we had a cup of tea instead.

No comments: