Reviews

'As always, it was sheer pleasure to observe Robin Hill's remarkable fluent technique: everything looks easy when he plays it.' Colin Cooper- Classical Guitar Magazine ----- 'Wonderful for their (Hill & Wiltschinsky) precision, touch and clarity of sound... refined virtuosity, the achievement of a long interpretive process.' Il Giornale D'Italia (Rome) ----- 'I loved your CD and thought your technique and performance were fabulous...' Rick Wakeman

Monday, July 16, 2007

Pianist Envy?

How does this classical guitarist relax?
The answer:
He plays the piano of course...
Just when I thought Robin had finished music making for the evening, this is what I found:



Robin is actually playing a piece he composed for piano and orchestra called 'Three Van Gogh Portraits.'
In this photograph he is playing the first movement, 'The Journey South', which depicts Van Gogh's train journey from Paris to Arles.
I wish you could hear it as it's one of my favourite movements.
However, you can hear the second movement, as I put it on the blog back in May.
Click here to read more about it and listen again.

No comments: