Reviews

'As always, it was sheer pleasure to observe Robin Hill's remarkable fluent technique: everything looks easy when he plays it.' Colin Cooper- Classical Guitar Magazine ----- 'Wonderful for their (Hill & Wiltschinsky) precision, touch and clarity of sound... refined virtuosity, the achievement of a long interpretive process.' Il Giornale D'Italia (Rome) ----- 'I loved your CD and thought your technique and performance were fabulous...' Rick Wakeman

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Innocence of Youth

I have been home alone for a some of today.
This is rather rare and I considered for a few seconds how I should fill my time.
There were plenty of things I wanted to do but even more that I needed to do.
Unfortunately, the most pressing, was to try and regain some sort of order in our home.
It isn't easy keeping on top of day to day jobs, with a husband who works from home, two children and numerous furries.
Especially when the said husband is recording and the sound of a vacuum cleaner is very unwelcome.

So that's where I started.
In fact I did lots of jobs around the house, all of them noisy ones, and really quite enjoyed it.

One by one they have all returned.
Second by second the house also returned to the state it had been in earlier this morning.
It reminded me of a quote by Phyllis Diller:
"Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing is like shovelling the walk before it stops snowing."

Oh well.
Another rare occurrence today, I picked up one of Robin's guitars, and played a few pieces - not very well.
Robin was in the background, trying not to flinch and grimace at my efforts, when in walked son number two.
"Oh, Mummy, are you giving Daddy a guitar lesson?"
Robin's face was a picture....

No comments: