Reviews

'As always, it was sheer pleasure to observe Robin Hill's remarkable fluent technique: everything looks easy when he plays it.' Colin Cooper- Classical Guitar Magazine ----- 'Wonderful for their (Hill & Wiltschinsky) precision, touch and clarity of sound... refined virtuosity, the achievement of a long interpretive process.' Il Giornale D'Italia (Rome) ----- 'I loved your CD and thought your technique and performance were fabulous...' Rick Wakeman

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Honduras, Name Tapes, and Mozart

I'm packing again.
Not Robin this time, he's still away.
The last time I heard from him he was enjoying a cool beer, sitting in a cafe in Honduras, and watching the world go by.
His only interruption, was the occasional passer by, commenting on how much they had enjoyed his concert.
So a very pleasant day indeed.

No, today, I am packing for son number one.
He's off to France tomorrow, skiing with a school party.
So whilst I don't have to remember quite as much, nor desperately try and fit all the paraphernalia that the travelling musician requires into a limited space, I do have to sew name tapes into socks, something that thankfully I don't have to do for Robin....

An indelible ink pen has become my friend, and clearly marked many items, but there are some things you just have to revert to old fashioned sewing.
Ski goggles for example.
You can't write his name across the lens, he won't be able to see where he's going, so name tape it is.
The temptation is to trust him not to lose things. But I know the state his room can get into, multiply that by around 30 small boys, and I'm sure I can safely assume that it will be chaos.

So, I'm off back to my labelling.
But you might be interested in an article I read yesterday, 'True Face of Mozart Revealed', by Dalya Alberge of The Times.
Two previously unknown oil paintings of Mozart have been discovered, which can be traced back to friends of the Mozart family.
One was painted in 1783 by Joseph Hickel, and the second in 1764, which shows an 8 year old Mozart, with his sister, Nannerl.
Interesting.

No comments: