Reviews

'As always, it was sheer pleasure to observe Robin Hill's remarkable fluent technique: everything looks easy when he plays it.' Colin Cooper- Classical Guitar Magazine ----- 'Wonderful for their (Hill & Wiltschinsky) precision, touch and clarity of sound... refined virtuosity, the achievement of a long interpretive process.' Il Giornale D'Italia (Rome) ----- 'I loved your CD and thought your technique and performance were fabulous...' Rick Wakeman

Monday, November 27, 2006

Ritual Fire Dance

It's great to have the sound of music back in the house even if it is only temporary.
As I write Manuel De Falla's Ritual Fire Dance is drifting from the next room, well half of it is. This is a duo arrangement that has always amazed and delighted me, and many audiences, over the years. How two guitars can achieve the excitement of the whole orchestra is incredible and quite an achievement.
I am only hearing half of it as Robin is running through the duo programme for a concert on Friday. I've found over the years that my mind has compensated for the second guitar by playing through Peter Wiltschinsky's part in my head. I think that now I know his part almost as well as I know Robins!
They tend to meet up once for a joint rehearsal before each concert and alternate between each others houses, (they live at least 80 miles apart).
So it's always a treat when Peter comes here and I get to hear the whole piece and give my poor mind a rest.

No comments: