Reviews

'As always, it was sheer pleasure to observe Robin Hill's remarkable fluent technique: everything looks easy when he plays it.' Colin Cooper- Classical Guitar Magazine ----- 'Wonderful for their (Hill & Wiltschinsky) precision, touch and clarity of sound... refined virtuosity, the achievement of a long interpretive process.' Il Giornale D'Italia (Rome) ----- 'I loved your CD and thought your technique and performance were fabulous...' Rick Wakeman

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Bar Harbor, Maine and David Juritz on a Unicycle...

The QE2 is about to dock at Bar Harbor, Maine, USA, but I haven't heard anything from Robin as yet, so I assume he is still sleeping.
I'm pretty sure he will be going ashore, to have a look around, as it is another 'first' for him.

Whilst waiting for news from abroad, I decided to check in on David Juritz's epic journey, as he busks his way around the world.
Since I last looked, he has been touring extensively around Africa, Australia, briefly back in the UK, and is currently in the USA/Canada.
Robin and David will miss each other by 10 days, in Boston, but I did notice that they will both be in New York at the same time later on in October.
Who knows, maybe they will bump into each other, and form a busking duo!
For more details about David's trip, and the charity, Musequality, visit his site, 'Round the World and Bach'.

At some point David did find time to make this very funny film, which highlights just how mad musicians can be!
I do hope his violin was insured, but even so, it's a very brave thing to do.
I can't see Robin attempting this with his Miguel Rodriquez guitar, but, you never know...

No comments: