Reviews

'As always, it was sheer pleasure to observe Robin Hill's remarkable fluent technique: everything looks easy when he plays it.' Colin Cooper- Classical Guitar Magazine ----- 'Wonderful for their (Hill & Wiltschinsky) precision, touch and clarity of sound... refined virtuosity, the achievement of a long interpretive process.' Il Giornale D'Italia (Rome) ----- 'I loved your CD and thought your technique and performance were fabulous...' Rick Wakeman

Thursday, June 07, 2007

Top 10 Sources for Guitar - We Made It!

Contact with Robin remains a little sporadic, but, some messages are getting through. I can tell when he has been away for a few days as I start receiving strange e-mails.
Usually ghoulish pictures of himself taken on his apple photo booth, resulting in very distorted and rather amusing images.
No I won't be publishing them here...
Also icards, the last one being of a frog, I think cabin fever must be setting in, although he has to do something when he isn't practicing.

Last night he did go out to see a great jazz trio, with extra alto sax and flugel horn, sounds interesting.
He has also met up with his neighbour, who hasn't heard any practice, since the socks have been stuffed between the stings. That's a relief for Robin as he's always aware of intruding on other peoples privacy when away from home. Hence, we rarely stay in hotels on holiday, opting for self contained houses/villas to get around this problem. He and his neighbour seem to get on well which is good.
Robin has also found a room, hidden away somewhere, that he can run through some pieces without having to worry.

I had good news today, 'Top 10 Sources' contacted me and said that 'Life of a Musician' is a 'very interesting and unique blog' which they have added to their guitar section. It's nice to be appreciated, and, I have of course, added this to my links.

Robin, has also made it onto the front page of 'The Daily News', the QM2 on board newspaper. The first of his two guitar concerts is today, 2.30 mid-Atlantic time, which I think is 4.30 GMT, but it may be 5.30, as they seem to lose an hour most days. Either way, whenever I get some news on the concert I shall keep you posted.

No comments: