Reviews

'As always, it was sheer pleasure to observe Robin Hill's remarkable fluent technique: everything looks easy when he plays it.' Colin Cooper- Classical Guitar Magazine ----- 'Wonderful for their (Hill & Wiltschinsky) precision, touch and clarity of sound... refined virtuosity, the achievement of a long interpretive process.' Il Giornale D'Italia (Rome) ----- 'I loved your CD and thought your technique and performance were fabulous...' Rick Wakeman

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Sir Robin Hill? Dubrovnik and MySpace

Since my last post Robin has spent a very pleasant day in Dubrovnik.
He called me at one point, to say he couldn't put into words just how beautiful it was.
I've never known him at a loss for words before so can only imagine that Dubrovnik is a very special place.
As he hasn't managed to resolve his 'technical' problems with his camera, I shall have to wait until his return to see the photographs.

Today he is at sea, enjoying lovely weather and preparing for his second guitar concert, which is tomorrow.
He has had a week between performances, so has been able to relax a little more than usual, which is rather rare for Robin.
But in the last few days he has been running through the second programme at least three times each day, along with his usual scales and arpeggios, so I think he should be ready.

Meanwhile I have been holding the fort back at home. I am delighted with the MySpace response, with over 500 visits in such a short space of time.
I have met up with old friends, and made new ones, which after all, is the purpose of the exercise.

As you know, Robin is away from home a lot. I therefore have to deal with his mail.
So I was rather amused by a letter I received, addressed to, 'Sir Robin Hill'.
Has he been honoured and forgotten to mention it?
Surely I would have noticed him nipping off to London to see the Queen?
I would have gone too, and purchased a hat, especially for the occasion.
But, as it turned out, it was a letter from a very grateful student!

No comments: