Reviews

'As always, it was sheer pleasure to observe Robin Hill's remarkable fluent technique: everything looks easy when he plays it.' Colin Cooper- Classical Guitar Magazine ----- 'Wonderful for their (Hill & Wiltschinsky) precision, touch and clarity of sound... refined virtuosity, the achievement of a long interpretive process.' Il Giornale D'Italia (Rome) ----- 'I loved your CD and thought your technique and performance were fabulous...' Rick Wakeman

Sunday, April 06, 2008

Robin Hill and Izzy Cooper to Perform Rodrigo's 'Adagio'.

The QE2 spent a long time getting through the Panama Canal yesterday, as there appeared to be a lot of traffic.
Consequently, they didn't stop for a few hours in Cristobal, Panama, but continued on their way.

I did have a message from Robin that he was due in Cartagena, Columbia, later today, and that he was rather confused as he knew he'd been there before, and only a few weeks ago, but couldn't remember anything about it.
I couldn't either, so I searched the blog, and realised why we couldn't recall Cartagena, when I read this post.
He never went into town.

He may not this time either, although we'll have to wait and see.
The soprano singer, Izzy Cooper, has asked Robin perform one piece tonight in her concert.
They have met a few times before, and always got on very well, so he has agreed to play.
Cartagena may have to wait yet again. It's more than likely that rehearsals will be taking place.
The piece they are performing is Rodrigo's 'Adagio', the song version, which was arranged by Rodrigo himself.
Basically the voice replaces the Cor anglais and the guitar plays the original part.

I must say, I'm sure it will be beautiful, and I wish I could be there to hear it.
I'll let you know how it went.

No comments: