Reviews

'As always, it was sheer pleasure to observe Robin Hill's remarkable fluent technique: everything looks easy when he plays it.' Colin Cooper- Classical Guitar Magazine ----- 'Wonderful for their (Hill & Wiltschinsky) precision, touch and clarity of sound... refined virtuosity, the achievement of a long interpretive process.' Il Giornale D'Italia (Rome) ----- 'I loved your CD and thought your technique and performance were fabulous...' Rick Wakeman

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Mothering Sunday Madness

I was rudely awoken at 5am by the alarm clock, not the traditional start to Mother's Day of a lie in and burnt toast, but business is business.
As I waved Robin off to the airport shouting, 'Nice weather for a flight', (it's currently gale force winds and hailstones here), I did feel a twinge of guilt, especially as I crept back under the still warm duvet. However, I was joined by a wriggling and squirming son number one, so sleep remained elusive.
After only four hours sleep and a rather bumpy flight I think a few extra cups of coffee will be required to get those fingers moving on the Brazilian Springs stand at ExCel this afternoon.
If you happen to be there, go along and say hello, in the less formal setting of an exhibition, it's an ideal opportunity to get up close and see how it's all done.
I'll report back later when I have more news.

UPDATE:
I am pleased to say that Robin, guitar and suitcase all arrived safely in London. He had no trouble taking his guitar in the cabin which was a huge relief. Mind you, as it was BA that lost it last week, I don't think they would have dared refuse entry today. Interestingly, they also told Robin that all airlines should now have the same policy. Lets hope they are right.
His first afternoon has gone very well and I should have a bit more to tell you tomorrow.

No comments: