Reviews

'As always, it was sheer pleasure to observe Robin Hill's remarkable fluent technique: everything looks easy when he plays it.' Colin Cooper- Classical Guitar Magazine ----- 'Wonderful for their (Hill & Wiltschinsky) precision, touch and clarity of sound... refined virtuosity, the achievement of a long interpretive process.' Il Giornale D'Italia (Rome) ----- 'I loved your CD and thought your technique and performance were fabulous...' Rick Wakeman

Friday, June 06, 2008

Amsterdam - Athens and the Dawn Chorus

The end of a busy week is now here.
This culminated in a 3.30am alarm call.
Like any dutiful wife, I got up, made coffee for Robin to ease him into the day, went back to our room to remind him that he was actually the one that needed to get up, then kept out of the way whilst he frantically ran around the house picking up all the things he'd forgotten.

By 4.30 he was on his way to the airport and I was on my way back to bed. (Having very briefly admired the dawn chorus.)

By the time I was awake for the second time, and dealing with a tearful 5 year old, ("I don't want Daddy to go away," were the first cause of tears, closely followed by frustration, as I wouldn't let him play his violin as it was only 7am...) Robin had arrived in Amsterdam, made a quick call to say he was on his connecting flight, and is now on his way to Athens.

Before he left he had a lot to do.
Yesterday was the only day that he and Izzy Cooper could speak about the programme for the concert in August.
Contact was made, musical decisions made, and there is a slight chance that they may 'bump' into each other somewhere in the Mediterranean over the next few weeks, which could prove helpful.
They will however be able to meet up in July to go through the repertoire.
Whilst this may sound very close to the actual concert dates, it's actually quite normal for musicians of this level to carry out most of their practice separately.

Now that Robin has gone off, I can focus on the return of son number one later today.
I'm bracing myself for one exhausted child, most likely filthy and bruised if last year is anything to go by, (gorge jumping being one of the activities...) and a rucksack full of smelly wet clothes.
I think I should go and lie down for a while...

No comments: