Reviews

'As always, it was sheer pleasure to observe Robin Hill's remarkable fluent technique: everything looks easy when he plays it.' Colin Cooper- Classical Guitar Magazine ----- 'Wonderful for their (Hill & Wiltschinsky) precision, touch and clarity of sound... refined virtuosity, the achievement of a long interpretive process.' Il Giornale D'Italia (Rome) ----- 'I loved your CD and thought your technique and performance were fabulous...' Rick Wakeman

Sunday, May 06, 2007

How to Boil an Egg - Sir John Barbirolli

Robin will spend the day taking in a few sights in Yangon, but mainly, will be on board practicing his guitar. Still, he can take comfort from the opulent surroundings.



I'm not sure if this is inside Crystal Symphony or Serenity, but, hey, looks alright to me.

As there is only me and son number two at home at the moment, I decided against the traditional Sunday lunch. Didn't seem worth it.
So, eggs it is, and here is how to make the perfect one:

"I always have a boiled egg. A three-minute egg. Do you know how I time it? I bring it to the boil and then conduct the overture to 'The Marriage of Figaro'. Three minutes exactly."

Sir John Barbirolli (1899-1970)

Enjoy!

No comments: