Reviews

'As always, it was sheer pleasure to observe Robin Hill's remarkable fluent technique: everything looks easy when he plays it.' Colin Cooper- Classical Guitar Magazine ----- 'Wonderful for their (Hill & Wiltschinsky) precision, touch and clarity of sound... refined virtuosity, the achievement of a long interpretive process.' Il Giornale D'Italia (Rome) ----- 'I loved your CD and thought your technique and performance were fabulous...' Rick Wakeman

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Fog and more fog

The QM2 is surrounded by fog and has been since yesterday. The foghorn sounds every 2 minutes and is very loud, as you would expect.
Robin is feeling rather isolated as he is not receiving my e mails. There's some technical problem on board, so he gets all the messages at once, usually first thing in the morning. The rest of the day he keeps checking and then in desperation for news of family etc. he calls on the satellite 'phone. Hopefully normal service will resume shortly.
Tomorrow is the second concert, so Robin will be in high practice mode now.
All week I've been trying to keep up with his changing time zone, only to realise that tonight it's my turn. If I go back an hour, then I think we have just about caught up with each other. All I have to do is remember to change all the clocks.

No comments: